About Me

My photo
Pa., United States
WELCOME! This is my blog about Couponing, Stockpiling, Cooking, Menu Planning, Having a Clean & Organized Home, Cupcakes, Cakes, Sugar Cookies, being a Momma to two AMAZING boys and being a Wife to a Hubby who puts up with my crazy ideas like one day opening my own Bakery....ENJOY

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Bliss

Sometimes I feel like I'm older than 32 because of my hobbies,
I never wanted a career I knew I wanted to be a housewife and momma,
One of my favorite times of summer is tending to my garden
and yesterday my oldest and I finally had a day to clean out weeds,
we've had so much rain lately so they we're out of control,
we decided to "GO GREEN"
or as my dad says "poor man's weed control"
we used newspaper and hay bales and we layed the newspaper in between the plants sprayed w/ water than covered with the hay (careful not to cover the plants) that will block out the sun and keep the weeds out and keep moisture in the soil for the plants then just till it up at the end of the season!
"FREE COMPOST"
We Planted these plants back in May:
Cherry Tomatoes
Roma Tomatoes
Beefsteak Tomatoes
Mild Banana Peppers
Bell Peppers
Kohlrabi's
Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cucumbers
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Green Onions
Egg Plant
                                       Radish's
                                      Egg Plant


Baby Roma Tomatoes






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...