About Me

My photo
Pa., United States
WELCOME! This is my blog about Couponing, Stockpiling, Cooking, Menu Planning, Having a Clean & Organized Home, Cupcakes, Cakes, Sugar Cookies, being a Momma to two AMAZING boys and being a Wife to a Hubby who puts up with my crazy ideas like one day opening my own Bakery....ENJOY

Friday, April 8, 2011

Stockpiling

Stockpiling isn't for everyone,but it works for My Family
I love knowing that I always have a
"little" grocery store right in my own home!

My goal is to have enough food & water to last our family
a least a year or more.....

I think that Stockpiling takes time, patience, and it really helps to be organized !!!


The way I started my stockpile....
- I wrote down what items My Family uses
Daily
Weekly
Monthly

-Then I put then put the items into Categories:
frozen
dairy
health/meds
oral health
cleaning
paper products
canned goods
boxed items
drinks
etc.....
 
-Then I looked into my  pantry, freezer, fridge, cabinets, anywhere I had these items and organize them into categories
"like items with like items"

 -How many items do I want to have in my Stockpile @ all times?
(Figure out your MAX number to Stock of each item, Because you need to know when NOT to buy anymore!! That's how you become a hoarder)  


              -Then I will ACTUALLY look @ those sale flyers that come in the mail, and my Sunday Paper
-what's on sale this week?
-what do I need in my stockpile?
-what do I have a coupon for?

I shop every week for Milk,fresh produce, and I try to  only buy what I have a coupon for and what is on sale,what I consider MY rock bottom prices!
(The limit I wanna pay for items)

"My Shopping Rules For Myself"

 -Don't be Brand Loyal  try different Brands...

-Don't buy things that your family won't use....

And

-Don't clear out the shelves....If you more than 10 coupons for an item them please call your store manager and they will make sure they have enough to cover your coupons 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...